Take a tour to two wineries to see the stunning Douro Valley. Visit the town of Amarante for a quick tasting of regional wines at both wineries. Before embarking on a river cruise through the lush Douro Valley, enjoy a delicious lunch.
Start your tour in Porto and drive to the Douro valley to learn about the history of the area and wine. Admire the town's Church and Convent of São Gonçalo during a coffee break in the historic town of Amarante, or pick up some pastries at one of the famous pastry shops.
Continue on to a Sabrosa winery. Take a guided tour of a wine estate owned by a family. During a guided tasting, you'll learn about and taste three wines from the estate. Enjoy a lunch overlooking the vineyards while sipping red and white Douro wines.
Following lunch, drive to Pinhão, stopping for photos at the São Cristovão viewpoint. Enjoy breathtaking vistas of the Douro valley. Before setting out on a cruise at Pinhão, take a look at the point where the Pinhão River meets the Douro River.
Take a guided tour of a well-known winery in the afternoon (Quinta São Luiz with Kopke/Burmester group or Quinta da Roeda with Croft/Taylor group). Discover the vineyard's history and the techniques used to make wine.
Before returning to Porto via the N222, one of the most beautiful roads, you may try three of pretty exquisite wines.
- The services included in tours (wineries' visits, restaurants and so on) are subject to 3rd party's availability and other groups/participants may be with the group during the experience. Schedules may be changed without prior notice
- The tour duration might be slightly different, because it depends both on local traffic and visit schedules
- If the option of pickup is selected, it is from central Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels
- Tours are available in English, Portuguese, French and Spanish
- Tours run in one language, as by default, but in some cases one extra language(or more) might be used at times
- Be sure you have comfortable clothing,
- Bring your voucher and a camera with you
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Guided wine tour
• Guided visit to a family-owned wine estate
• Three wine, cheese, and olive oil tastings
• Lunch at a wine estate with Douro wine pairings
• Douro River cruise at Pinhão
• Bottled water
• Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
• Other meals and drinks
• Personal expenses
Amarante, Sabrosa, Pinhão, Douro Valley