Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Scenic Tour
Escape the busy city of Prague and immerse yourself in the wonders of nature on this highlights tour of the Bohemian and Saxon National park.
Visit sites that have been declared a ‘European Destination of Excellence’ for their exceptional beauty, enjoy the most photogenic natural creations of the National Park, and enjoy walks and moderate hikes in the most preserved parts of the park.
Visit the most popular natural attraction in Bohemian Switzerland National Park, Pravcicka Gate, famous for being Europe’s largest sandstone arch. The site was used as a filming location for the movie Narnia, and there’s no escaping the Gate’s magical qualities.
Mysterious and inspiring, the gate is hidden deep in the woods and this impressive symbol of the National park stands 21 meters tall, leaving all the spectators in admiration.
The next stop is lunch which caters to vegetarians, vegans, and meat lovers alike. Enjoy a traditional Czech meal at a stunning stone house that was built on the stream in 1905 by German workers.
This newly renovated restaurant will surprise you with an amazing steampunk-style interior, which is decorated with gears, rivets, and a huge clock with visible gears and the sound of mechanics.
Your last stop is Bastei n the Saxon part of the National Park. The Bastei rock formation has plenty of viewpoints over the Elbe canyon on the right bank of the river Elbe. Walk across the famous sandstone bridge that connects Bastei and explore the ruins of the old Neurathen rock castle.
What to bring
• Passport or ID card
• Hiking shoes
• Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
• You have booked a tour option that is designed for active people who are used to outdoor activities. The hiking distance is 10 km or 6 miles in a forest on a partially rugged terrain. That includes a 1.5 hour long hike (walking with no special gear required) to reach the Pravcicka Gate monument. Overcoming some stone stairs during the tour is necessary to reach the highlights. The pace of the tour will be moderate for someone who is used to hike and can be very challenging for some first-time hikers. We do not recommend taking this tour in case you are ongoing a healing time with your ankle, leg, knee etc.
• First zone of the national park
• Free hotel pickup and drop-off
• Informative, friendly, and experienced guide
• Snack pack and water for the day
• Tasty traditional Czech lunch (main course and drink)
• Small-group tour limited to 8 riders for more personalized attention
• Modern A/C transportation with WiFi
Daily 7:30 AM
• Bohemian and Saxon National parks
• Pravcicka Gate