Prague to Dresden Old Town, Zwinger & Frauenkirche by Car
What To Expect:
Join this exclusive experience to visit the majestic Dresden, a capital city of the Free State of Saxony in Germany. The itinerary includes private car transfers from Prague and a guided tour of Dresden’s Old Town led by a 5-Star Licensed Guide. Immerse yourself in the story of a city that was once known as Germany’s Jewel Box!
Choose the basic 8-hour option to discover the best selected highlights of Dresden on a full-day car excursion from Prague. Your walking tour begins at the Old Town Square, where you can see the Holy Cross Church and the Palace of Culture. You will also visit the New Market Square to see the reconstructed 18th-century buildings, the Peace Fountain and the city’s most prominent landmark, Frauenkirche. Admire the restored Baroque exterior and interior of this monumental church and learn about its role as a war memorial and a site of the peaceful protests against the East German regime.
Other highlights include a stroll along Brühl's Terrace, also known as “The Balcony of Europe,” and the Elbe River. Admire the historical buildings, statues and the famous western staircase leading to Schlossplatz (the Castle Square). Pass by Sächsisches Ständehaus, the beautiful Dresden Cathedral and Dresden Castle and enter the inner courtyard of the Zwinger Palace to enjoy its Baroque garden. Other points of interest include the lavish opera house Semperoper, the Augustus Bridge, the Golden Rider equestrian statue and the one-of-a-kind Baroque-style Japanese Palace.
Choose the extended 10-hour option to visit the world-renowned Old Masters Picture Gallery at the Zwinger Palace. Don’t worry about waiting in long lines as you will have skip-the-line tickets. Inside this renowned art museum you will discover an impressive collection of 15th-18th century art by European masters. Among its gems you can see Raphael’s Sistine Madonna. The extended tour also includes a visit to the Mathematics and Physics Salon and the Porcelain Collection of the finest Meissen, Chinese and Japanese porcelain.
Know before you go
• Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information.
• Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to the Old Masters’ Gallery are not included in the basic 8-hour option.
• The guide will meet you in Dresden. An English-speaking driver will take care of you while traveling by car.
• Frauenkirche is open for visitors on weekdays between 10 AM to 12 PM and 1 PM to 6PM. Opening hours on weekends depend on scheduled events like the Sunday mass. If the church is closed at a time of your visit, the tour will take place only on the outside.
• We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a large van for groups of 5 people and more. If you're traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a tour for 5 people to take advantage of the van transport.
• Lunch can be arranged upon request.
• Full-day car trip from Prague to Dresden with Old Town, Frauenkirche and the Zwinger Palace (number of attractions depends on the selected option)
• 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice
• Free admission to Frauenkirche and Zwinger
• Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your Prague accommodation
• Lunch (optional)
• Skip-the-line tickets to the Old Masters Picture Gallery
• Lunch (optional)
• Skip-the-line tickets to the Old Masters Picture Gallery in Zwinger Palace (only in 10-hour option)
• Dresden Cathedral
• Zwinger Palace
• Old Masters Picture Gallery