This 5-hour small-group tour takes you to Amsterdam's top art museums, the Van Gogh and the Rijksmuseum. You will also learn about Dutch civilization over the centuries from your knowledgeable guide as they take you on an exciting journey through art history.
At the museums, you can skip the line and follow the chronological progression of art and its historical context. Focusing on the Dutch Golden Age and well-known artists from the 18th and 19th centuries, see some of history's most famous artworks.
Take in Rembrandt's The Night Watch, Vermeer's Milkmaid, and Van Gogh's final work, Tree Roots and Trunks. All of the significant works you see will be described by your guide, who will also explain the techniques used and the significance of the works.
- For semi-private tours a minimum of two guests is required for it to start (an alternative date or full refund will be provided in case the minimum is not met)
- A fair amount of walking is involved
- There'll be a lunch break between the museum visits (it'll be at your own expense)
- This tour might be offered as either a semi-private tour or a private tour (8 guests' maximum capacity)
- You must bring your Valid photo ID
- Wheelchair-friendly tours are accessible upon request only
in a mini-group
• Skip-the-line admission to the Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum
• Professional art historian/guide
• Walking tour
• Gratuities (optional)
• Hotel pick-up and drop off
• Food and drinks (unless specified)
• Temporary exhibits
• Van Gogh Museum
Hobbemastraat 18, 1071 ZB Amsterdam