Take a luxury coach with air conditioning and a maximum of 57 seats from Edinburgh. As you pass Stirling Castle, your guide will tell you stories about William Wallace and Robert the Bruce as well as the bloody battles that took place on these lands.
First, get to the town of Callander, which is at the foot of the Trossachs. Drive next through the Trossachs National Park and Loch Lomond. You'll learn about the notorious Highlander Rob Roy MacGregor from your Scottish tour guide. As you travel to Glencoe, a stunning Highland valley, follow in James Bond's (Skyfall) and Harry Potter's (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) footsteps. Hear the chilling account of the 1692 massacre at Clan MacDonald. Travel through Fort William, the location of Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the British Isles at 4,409 feet.
Arrive in Fort Augustus, a charming village on the south bank of Loch Ness, where you can have lunch in one of the many cafes, shops, or restaurants. Enjoy a one-hour boat cruise to Loch Ness after strolling along the Caledonian Canal's banks. Make an effort to spot "Nessie," the fabled Loch Ness Monster.
Appreciate the noteworthy Commando Commemoration at Spean Extension with perspectives on the Nevis Reach. Enter the "Monarch of the Glen" region of the Cairngorms National Park. Drive along Loch Laggan before the streets move over the Grampian Mountains. Cross the Drumochter Pass, which connects the Central Highlands' northern and southern regions. Enjoy the grandeur of a mountain pass that was made by glacial activity during successive Ice Ages. Finally, make a brief stop in the charming Victorian town of Pitlochry before returning to the city center of Edinburgh around 8:30 p.m.
- You will be informed prior to departure if your trip is affected if all tours must meet a minimum number of passengers. You will be offered alternate dates or a full refund if the tour is canceled.
- For insurance purposes, children must be at least 7 years old to join the tour. You will be required to provide a photographic ID as proof of age.
- All passengers, regardless of age, must be at least 120 centimeters tall.
• Local Guide
• Transport on an air-conditioned midi-coach
• No toilet on board
• No WIFI
• Optional activity tickets (available to buy on the day of the tour)
• Tips (optional)
Loch Ness, Glencoe, Highlands & Ben Nevis
Deacons' House Cafe