From Edinburgh: Scottish Highlands, Loch Ness & Glencoe Trip
From Edinburgh, travel north, passing Stirling Castle's impressive ramparts. Before heading to Glencoe, the dramatic location of the 1692 McDonald clan massacre, traverse Rannoch Moor and the wilds of the Trossachs (Rob Roy country).
The visit takes you past Post William and England's most elevated mountain, the strong Ben Nevis, prior to following the Incomparable Glen and halting in the town of Post Augustus by the shores of secretive Loch Ness.
Then, you can go on a boat trip on the enigmatic Loch Ness to look for Nessie, explore the loch's shores, or just unwind and eat your free picnic lunch made in the area.
Shortbread, a selection of freshly prepared sandwiches, and a bottle of Scottish mineral water are typically included in a typical lunch. On your way back, you travel south along Loch Laggan, making stops at charming Highland towns along the way.
Return to the capital around 8:00 p.m. after a final look at the stunning Forth Bridges.
Loch Ness Cruise option:
An unforgettable experience is a cruise on Loch Ness, where you might just see Nessie. You will have a fascinating look at the underwater world and terrain thanks to the use of locally owned, custom-built boats equipped with sonar and underwater imaging systems.
From the onboard bar, take in the views with a coffee or a beer.
On the day of the tour, get your cruise ticket from your guide. Tickets allow you to board the boat without waiting in line upon arrival in the village for just £12, a savings of £1.00 over the standard price. During the winter, the Loch Ness Cruise is subject to availability.
- Please be aware that Loch Ness is a long way from Edinburgh, but it is well worth the drive! In addition to experiencing Scotland's most well-known loch, you will travel in style on bespoke midi-coaches designed specifically for your comfort. You can rest your legs and breathe in some good Highland air at a few stops along the way.
- Purchasing travel insurance is advised.
- Please be aware that this tour is not appropriate for children under the age of 5.
• Picnic lunch
• Downloadable audio guides
• Other meals
• Loch Ness cruise fee (optional)
Loch Ness, Glencoe, and Scottish Highlands
60 High Street, Royal Mile