Isle of Skye 3-Day Sightseeing Tour w/ Accommodation
In a small group tour, you can spend three days exploring the romantic island of Skye and the dramatic Scottish Highlands. Choose a place to stay that fits your budget, and you'll get a special discount card that you can use at local restaurants and stores.
Take a luxurious Mercedes minibus out of Edinburgh and head west, passing Linlithgow Palace, where Mary Queen of Scots was born. Keep going in the direction of Stirling, which has a huge castle and views of the Wallace Monument.
Before making a break for refreshments at the edge of the Highlands, you will pass Doune Castle, which served as the filming location for scenes from the infamous "Holy Grail" by Monty Python. You can have lunch as you drive into the Highlands, passing Crianlarich, Loch Luibnaig, Loch Earn and Tyndrum.
Drive north through Glencoe, the site of the massive 1692 massacre carried out by the Clan Macdonald. Continue to Fort William and climb Spean Bridge's Commando Memorial for stunning views of Ben Nevis.
Next you will take the "Road to the Isles" through the wonder of the 5 Sisters of Kintail, the mountains that watch the pass to the Isle of Skye.
Stop at the well-known Eilean Donan Castle, which was used in the movie "Highlander." It is at the intersection of three lochs and serves as defense against Viking raiders. After crossing the Skye Bridge, you'll travel north to Portree, where you'll be dropped off at your lodging.
Spend the evening and dinner at your leisure, exploring the town's harborside and Gaelic attractions.
With adaptable plans, you will spend the day on the Isle of Skye. There are numerous options, depending on the weather and group dynamics. Your driver or guide will use their local knowledge to plan the best day possible for everyone.
The Trotternish Peninsula, home to the stunning Quiraing mountain pass and some of Skye's extraordinary geological scenery, can be reached by traveling north.
Or you can go to Kilt Rock, which is made of basalt columns that look like the pleats on a kilt. Take in the enchantment of the waterfall as it cascades over cliffs and into the water below.
Before continuing to explore this most dramatic of islands, take a brief lunch break. Neist Point, Skye's most westerly point, or Dunvegan Castle, Clan Macleod's ancestral home, can both be reached by traveling west.
In the early evening, we'll bring you back to your hotel in Portree so you can have dinner and relax the rest of the evening.
After picking you up from your lodging, your driver will return to the mainland via the Cuillin Hills and stunning views of Loch Duich and the Five Sisters of Kintail.
For lunch, continue on to Loch Ness. Since the 1950s, the enigmatic monster known as "Nessie" has frightened and frightened visitors. After passing Dalwhinnie, which is home to Scotland's highest whisky distillery, continue in the direction of the south along Loch Laggan, which is well-known for being the setting for the television miniseries "Monarch of the Glen".
Before making your way back to Edinburgh via Perth and the extraordinary Forth Road Bridge, you will stop for refreshments at Blair Castle.
- Luxury transportation in a Mercedes mini-coach with 16 seats for a more intimate experience
- It is recommended that you bring appropriate clothing and footwear for your tour
- Accommodation: Browse a determination of little, privately possessed guesthouses and B&Bs in the town of Portree. Each room has a bathroom. Some of the guesthouses are up a fairly steep hill, and it can take up to 20 minutes to walk there from the village center.
- Please select the single-occupancy option for solo travelers.
- Please select the shared twin room option if you are traveling with two or more people.
- You must be at least 5 years old in order to participate.
- You can only bring 14 kg (31 lbs) of luggage per person. This should consist of a single piece of luggage with dimensions similar to those of airline carry-on bags (around 22 inches by 17 inches by 10 inches).
in a mini-group
• Tour transport in a 16-seat minibus
• 2-night accommodation in a Bed and Breakfast
• Attraction entrance fees
• Lunch or dinner
Stirling Castle (view), Wallace Monument (view), Doune Castle (view), Glencoe, Eilean Donan Castle (visit), Isle of Skye (dinner), Portree, Kilt Rock (visit, view), Dunvegan Castle (view), Loch Ness (lunch), Firth of Forth (view)
Rabbie's Cafe, 6 Waterloo Place