On a guided tour with a skip-the-line ticket, marvel at the magnificent vaults of the palace, its beautiful decoration, and its luxurious interior. Learn about the history of this famous place and about the most secret palace intrigues. Enter through a priority entrance and follow an expert guide through the lavish halls of this well-known French architectural masterpiece.
Meet your guide, who will show you the royal complex and lead you inside to begin exploring one of the greatest palaces in the world.
Enjoy a tour of the elegant King’s and Queen’s State Apartments and the glittering Hall of Mirrors, where many important events of historical significance, including the Treaty of Versailles, took place.
Listen to your guide’s speech about the main figures of the French monarchy, such as King Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette. During the entertaining storytelling, your guide will bring these legendary characters to life and talk about interesting stories from their lives.
During this interactive tour, ask questions to your guide about key historical moments and about the lives of palace dwellers. Later, take a stroll through the palace and gardens on your own. Please be aware that, on certain days between April and October, there may be a fee to access the gardens.
• Wheelchairs are only accommodated on private tours
• The palace gardens are free on Wednesdays in April, May, June, September, and October and from November through March. On these days you can visit the garden for free after your guided tour
• There are no musical or fountain shows on days when the gardens are free to enter
• The gardens close at 5:30 PM on certain dates (May 28, every Saturday between June 11 and September 24, July 14, and October 30) and from November through March
• After the tour you are allowed to stay in the palace until it closes
• The gardens may close without notice due to bad weather conditions
• During peak times the palace can be very crowded and there may be a short wait at the group entrance
• Weapons or sharp objects
• Baby strollers
• Food and drinks
• Luggage or large bags
• Selfie sticks
What to bring:
• Passport or ID card
• Comfortable shoes
• Passport or ID card for children
• Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
• 90-minute guided tour
• Access to the gardens only from November to March (free during winter)
• Access to the gardens on Wednesdays in April, May, June, September, October
• Entrance ticket to Marie Antoinette's estate and the Trianon
• Musical fountain shows
• Transfers to/from Paris
• Access to the gardens from April to October (except Wednesdays in April, May, June, September, October)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
The GetYourGuide Versailles shop