Full-Day Pompeii & Ruins' Tour
Enter Pompeii on this amazing journey through time and space: a singular record of life in Greco-Roman times.
Begin your journey along the "Highway of the Sun," passing through Castelli Romani, a well-known Roman countryside. Take in breathtaking vistas of the Mediterranean Sea, Mount Vesuvius, and numerous historic landmarks.
Naples is the first destination. This Mediterranean city is well-known for its food, culture, art, and rich history. You can get a great view of the town by driving up the Vomero hill, which overlooks the bay of Naples and stretches from the Sorrento peninsula to the Phlegrean fields volcanic area. The majestic and still active volcano Vesuvius dominates the landscape. The ideal location for taking pictures of this magnificent landmark is here.
Travel south toward Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii in the direction of the port of Mergellina. Make your way to the UNESCO Archaeological Site of Pompeii with Skip the Line Tickets after stopping for a traditional Italian lunch.
Explore this once-thriving city that was frozen in time by layers of volcanic ash for the afternoon. Under a layer of pumice stones and ash 19 to 23 feet (6 to 7 meters) deep, Pompeii remained submerged. For the next 17 centuries, the city's sudden burial protected it from vandalism, looting, and the destructive effects of heavy weather and climate.
Continue your journey through the Roman countryside after your Pompeii tour, taking in the scenery as you leisurely return to Rome. Arrive in time to take advantage of the remaining time in Rome at your leisure.
- Please note that the pick-up service is available at centrally located hotels. Accommodation outside Rome city center, as well as bed & breakfasts, guest houses or and apartments will not be provided
- The pick-up service needs to be organized with the tour supplier prior to the start of a tour. You will be picked up 1-hour before the tour begins. Be ready and wait in the lobby of your hotel
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Please note that no tour escort or guide is included for the audio guide option
- All tour operators use licensed guides that are supplied exclusively by Pompeii's management site: the tour program includes headsets to make sure you won't miss anything
• All transportation
• Headset to not miss a single word
• Authentic Neapolitan pizza for lunch, one drink is included
• Entrance tickets and fees
• Tour guide included if the guided option is booked
• Self-guided tour with audio guide (option available)
• Tour escort/guide is not included if the option with audio guide is booked
• Personal shopping