Experience Venice Like A Local: Small Group Cicchetti & Wine Tour
What to expect
This tour provides a great introduction to the distinct flavors of Venetian cuisine. Make your way to meet your guide and the other members of this small-group or private tour. Soak up the historic character and sample cicchetti such as tuna balls with tomatoes and polenta topped with seafood.
Stroll over to the Cannaregio neighborhood and duck into an 18th-century watering hole on the bustling Strada Nuova. Sink your teeth into some of the bar’s famous cod cicchetti or fried mix fish. From here, cross the Grand Canal on a traghetto passenger ferry at the historic, open-air Rialto Market, where many Venetians shop for daily fresh produce and seafood.
Step into more bars in central Venice, each with unique atmospheres and specialty cicchetti. Taste different varietals of regional wine and toast your Venice vacation with a glass of sparkling Prosecco. At the end of your tour, say farewell to your tour guide and fellow food lovers at the iconic Rialto Bridge.
Important to know:
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Service animals allowed
• Near public transportation
• No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
• There may be a change of itinerary according to opening times of bars and restaurants along the way depending on how crowded they are. However, all the bars you are taken to are of the same standard, so you will not be missing out if the itinerary does change.
• You will pick up some responsible travel tips that will help you to be a greener traveller while you’re in the city
• This tour features visits to establishments that are not always able to cater for vegetarians and other dietary requirements. Discounts are available and your guide can assist you with recommendations on where to purchase alternative diet-friendly food during the tour.
• Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
• This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Campo de la Maddalena
This tour is the perfect introduction to Venice, giving you an overview of the city’s unrivalled history and a taster of its world-famous cuisine. We are starting our tour in one of the most historical squares in Venice. It’s chimneys are iconic as are one of the few lefts in the city and the Round Church of La Maddalena is part of the masonic history of Venice.
Strada Nova (Pass By)
We will start or walking tour at the wide Strada Nova walking street in Canareggio. It is a great place to see a nice mixture of authentic Venetian life & lifestyle.
We will walk in the Cannaregio neighbourhood, one of the few remaining residential areas of Venice, known for being a popular after work meeting spot for thirsty locals. We will take a gentle stroll around and chat about its 1,000-year history and your local guide will offer suggestions on other things to see and do during your stay.
We cross the Grand Canal as part of the tour in the traghetto (ferry) gondola boat. It’s an experience to cross the Grand Canal of Venice and see how the life goes by in the “highway” of the city.
Once in Rialto, we will stop at a small eatery, owned by a group of young locals with a passion for experimenting with traditional recipes, giving them a modern twist. Expect dishes such as black ink calamari, polenta with seafood or seasonal vegetables (served in elaborate dishes).
We will introduce you a new bar small, owned by two Venetian brothers with passion for local sourced food and organic wines. Expect that you will try local sandwich called Tramezzino (local sandwich) and Venetian Spritz.
Ponte di Rialto
A few secret and hidden spots near the Rialto are up next, which will demonstrate the importance of moving just one street away from the tourist hordes, to get a little slice of Venice to yourself. The tour will end at the iconic Rialto bridge, which is surrounded by great restaurants and shops. Your guide will be happy to help you with recommendations for continuing the fun or with directions to help you back to your accommodation.
Our next foodie stop is a historic local spot that will help you better understand the culture of Cicchetti bars in Venice and how to enjoy this experience. Expect local dishes that are served since 15th century such as cod cooked in two different ways. Let us know which one you like the most!?
Osteria Al Sacro E Profano
Here we are going to stop to a small bar/restaurant owned by three brothers which are also three musicians. Full of musical instruments this lovely bohemian style bar offers amazing wines from Veneto region and flavoury cicchettis with fresh seasonal products! Expect meet and cheese Cicchetti and on the last stop expect Lasagna or Risotto or Pasta in the other. Finish with well-deserved desert – Tiramisu.
Campo San Bartolomeo
The tour will end near the iconic Rialto bridge, where we will introduce you to the bar that is completely without plastic. Expect to taste Risotto or Lasagne or Pasta. finally, also the desert – some Italian lift me up – Tiramisu. Your guide will be happy to help you with recommendations for continuing the fun or with directions to help you back to your accommodation.
• Join a local Venetian English-speaking guide
• Drink 5 Glasses of Local Wine and 1 Venetian Spritz
• Taste 7 Cicchetti dishes and 1 dessert
• Cross the famous canal on a traghetto gondola ferry
• Discover magical Venice with a local by your side
• Get personalised tips for the area's best bars and eateries
• Campo de la Maddalena
• Strada Nova
• Canal Grande
• Rialto Market
• Alla Fonda
• Ponte di Rialto
• San Polo
• Osteria Al Sacro E Profano
• Campo San Bartolomeo
Campo de la Maddalena, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy