Venice Legends, Anecdotes and Ghost stories small group or private tour
What to expect
After night falls on this atmospheric city, meet up with your guide near the famous Rialto Bridge. From there, journey through a labyrinth of narrow streets and deserted squares as your guide recounts tales of Venice’s haunted history. From the sacred to the profane, learn about the noble-blooded ghosts that wander the city’s grand palaces and the medieval child-killer Biasio, who was said to chop up little limbs and add them to his stews.
Stop by the beautiful Bovolo staircase —an architecturally impressive structure that conceals strange secrets in its spiraling stone archways. Learn about ancient cemeteries buried beneath the cobblestone streets and ponder the legends of fearsome sea creatures lurking in Venetian canals.
Step down to a secret passageway where forbidden lovers once met by torchlight (water levels permitting). Finally, let your imagination run wild in the shadowy Calle dei Assassini, once a popular haunt for hardened criminals and murderers and the site of many dark deeds.
Your guide leads you back to the Rialto Bridge area. From there, you are free to continue roaming the shadowy city on your own—if you dare!
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Please make sure to check your email prior departure.
• During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Near public transportation
• Most travelers can participate
• Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves walking.
• This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
• Professional English-speaking guide
• Small Group tour with max 20 people or fewer, or private tour
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Food and drinks, unless specified
• Ponte di Rialto
• Scala Contarini del Bovolo
• Riva del Carbon
• Rio Tera' dei Assassini