Demre Myra Kekova from Antalya
Distance between Antalya and Demre
The distance between Antalya and Demre is approximately 145 km, 2.5 hours by comfortable transport.
In addition, during our Demre Myra Kekova Excursions from Antalya, you will see important regions such as Kumluca, famous for its tomato festival, and Finike, which is famous for the production of oranges and their distribution around the world.
What to see in Demre Myra Kekova from Antalya
Demre Myra Kekova is an indispensable place for history and culture lovers. You will be especially surprised by what you will learn about St. Nicholas and the Church.
Now we will talk about the places we will visit.
Church of St. Nicholas
This sacred and unique architectural monument was erected in the 4th century and is dedicated to St. Nicholas, whom millions call "Santa Claus"!
In this church, you will see attractive paintings depicting the life of Santa Claus on the walls, you will learn a lot and enjoy the historical atmosphere.
Ancient Lycian city of Myra
Not far from the church of St. Nicholas is the ancient city of Myra, and this historical place was called by the Lycians and means "Land of the Sun.
In the Land of the Sun, the World, you can see the ancient Lycian tombs, which are a necropolis, and enjoy the ancient atmosphere. Because these tombs date back to the 4th century BC.
Ancient amphitheater in Demre
Today in our country there are exactly 206 ancient theaters (known) built during the Roman Empire. Here, the Demre Amphitheater is considered the fourth largest of all these theaters. It was built in the 2nd century and accommodated exactly 10,000 people!
The sunken city of Kekova
According to research, the island of Kekova in ancient times was part of the mainland and was a large city. However, over time, due to strong earthquakes, most of this city collapsed, and the second part of the city turned into an island.
Today it is an ancient place, isolated from civilization and not open for settlement due to its historical significance. And this island ;Atlantis of Turkey, proudly bearing the name of our country, has become one of the most beautiful and famous sights. The area, which is called the Sunken City, was flooded by a strong earthquake. You can see this place while traveling on a yacht, observing the underwater world, sailing over the sunken city from the glassed sections of the yacht. As you look around, you will be captivated by our guide's narration.
Simena Castle (Kaleköy)
Kalekoy Castle is located opposite the island of Kekova. It was built in the 13th century and has been fairly well preserved ever since.
This historical monument is popular not only for its architectural structures, but also for the unique Roman theater in the castle.
The program of Demre Myra Kekova Tours from Antalya that we organize is considered one of the best tours in Antalya due to the information offered and the pleasant views.
• You can book your seat in Demre Myra Kekova Tours from Antalya online online or contact us for more information before booking!
• Prepare in advance
• Meeting place and time
• Hotel pickup times may vary. Contact us for the exact time. Antalya Old Town (Kaleiçi Hotels):
• Meeting point is McDonalds next to the ancient Hadrian's Gate.
• Depending on weather conditions, the program can be changed!
• Plans may be slightly modified by management for seasonal or other reasons. Some museums may be closed to the public due to renovations!
• Please bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a hat and swimwear.
• Transfer from / to the hotel;
• Services of a english -speaking guide-historian;
• 2-hour boat trip in Kekova
• Entrance ticket to the "Church of St. Nicholas the Pleasant"
• Entrance ticket to the "Antique City of the World"
• Simena Castle (Kaleköy)
• The sunken city of Kekova
• Church of St. Nicholas
• Myra Ancient City