Relax as you board the air-conditioned, comfortable bus in Rome and follow your knowledgeable driver south to Pompeii. You will be greeted by a local tour guide who has been selected for their expertise, enthusiasm, and ability to tell stories. Private family homes, historic fast food establishments, and even a brothel are just a few of the places that not many other tourists see.
You will also learn about Pompeii's most important landmarks and daily life in this ancient port city during your tour. Visit the Roman Forum and the Temple of Venus to see the tragic death casts and learn how terrifying and confusing it was when Mount Vesuvius erupted and frozen the city and its inhabitants in time in 79 A.D.
You'll take a scenic drive along the Amalfi Coast after your Pompeii tour. As you explore the exciting bends in the road of perhaps of Italy's most lovely drive, you'll find out about nearby history and culture.
Stop in Positano, a pastel-hued retreat town roosted on the precipices that has propelled unbelievable essayists like Shelley, Goethe, and Steinbeck. You will have free time to do as you please following your guide's introduction, which will include recommendations for places to shop and eat lunch.
- The walks comply with all local government regulations
- The most recent information can be found in the Italian government's Covid-19 guidelines
- The order of the sites visited is subject to change. Positano beach is suitable for swimming during good weather. In the cold season, the visit to Positano might be replaced with a visit to Sorrento or Amalfi Town, because more restaurants and shops are open there during this time
- The duration of the Pompeii tour may change depending on the number of visitors on that particular day
- The journey time from Rome to Pompeii takes approximately 3.5 hours each way
- Please make sure to meet at the appointed meeting point on time
- You might want to bring snacks or purchase your own food while on this tour
- Gratuities have not been included in the tour's cost
in a mini-group
Positano, the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii
• Round-trip transport by comfortable air-conditioned minibus
• Express entrance tickets to Pompeii
• 2-hour tour of the Pompeii archaeological site with an expert tour guide
• Hotel pickup/drop-off
Caffè Vergnano 1882 at Piazzale Flaminio