Rome: Vatican Museums' Trip & St. Peter's Dome Summit Access
This tour is exclusive and unique, and it includes a visit to the very top of the Michelangelo-designed cupola. For a truly immersive experience, go on to the Papal Crypts and Catacombs. Besides, benefit from the skip-the-line entrance offered by the main Vatican museums.
Your professional Vatican guide will take you on a private tour of St. Peter's Basilica in the vicinity of St. Peter's Square. Use the elevator to go up part of the steps to the dome, then climb on one's own to the 320 stairs. This difficult climb is well worth it for the stunning views from the top.
When you go back to the real world, you will explore the full St. Peter's Basilica. It is a good chance because the majority of other Rome tour operators do not include it in their Vatican tours.
Take a breather and go to the welcoming visitor center before your second visit to the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums.
The archaeological and artistic wonders that make the Vatican Museums a must-see when you are in Rome may be accessed immediately if you have genuine skip-the-line access.
- The Vatican enforces a strict dress code. Women and men alike must cover their shoulders and knees.
- Tours at the Vatican may need to be changed on days immediately following religious holidays due to partial closures of normally included areas. The tour of the Basilica itself is extended in the event that the Papal Tombs beneath Saint Peter's Basilica are closed.
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
• Skip-the-line entry to St. Peter's Basilica Dome
• Elevator ride part way to the summit
• Live guided tour around the St. Peter's Basilica
• Skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums
• Sistine Chapel entry
• Live guided tour around the Vatican Museums
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Food and drinks
• tips (optional)