Take a guided tour of the world's most famous amphitheater. Learn about the fascinating history of the Colosseum by using tickets that let you skip the line. Walk on Palatine Hill and through the Roman Forum with your guide to see some of Ancient Rome's most famous landmarks.
Begin your tour by taking in the Colosseum's exterior. Pay attention as your tour guide describes the monument's history over the centuries. After passing through a security check, enter the Amphitheater and view the spectacular events that took place there. After that, go to the first floor and look around.
Stop for a moment in front of the impressive Arch of Constantine as your guide talks about its most important features and history. To get to Palatine Hill's entrance and the Roman Forum, take the ancient Via Sacra. Admire the Arch of Titus up after the security check.
Continue the tour to Palatine Hill, where the oldest city settlement's ruins can be found. Take a tour of some of the most important imperial mansions: the Domus Flavia, the Domus Augustana, and the Palatine Stadium.
The Roman Forum can be found in the valley if you descend next. The magnificence of the Basilica of Maxentius, the bronze door of the temple of Romulus, the curious suspended door of the temple of Antoninus and Faustina, the temple, and the house of the Vestals are just a few of the magnificent sights that can be found along the Via Sacra.
Finally, make your way to the Roman Forum's central area, which has developed over time into the ancient city's political, religious, economic, and legal hub and square. Admire and learn about the Curia, Septimius Severus' Arch, the Tabularium, the Saturnian temple, and more here.
- This tour will eventuate in any weather, though some peculiar areas of Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum might not be accessible for visitors during inclement weather conditions
- The security check is obligatory. There might be a queue during busy days
- One couldn't possibly avoid the security check, disregarding of the tour operator. The actual starting time might be slightly delayed
What to bring:
Passport or ID card
Sprays or Aerosols
Luggage or large bags
Alcohol and drugs
Weapons or sharp objects
• Skip-the-line tickets for the Colosseum
• Skip-the-line tickets for the Roman Forum
• Skip-the-line tickets for Palatine Hill
• Live guide
• Access to the underground, emperor's soap box, and the first floor
• Food and drinks
• Roman Forum
• Palatine Hill