What to expect:
Explore an amazing route through places that have never been visited until now. Enter the imposing courtroom and the dark cells of the old prisons of Piazza San Marco.
Learn what it meant to be a prisoner back in those days: what prisoners ate, drank, and where they slept. See actual graffiti left by inmates and listen to the story about Casanova’s exciting jailbreak.
Hear the myths and legends that still live inside these cold walls and cells. Enjoy the explanation of the powerful Council of The Ten, which consisted of the highest Venice politicians, that oversaw the justice system in all Venetian domains.
Nowadays the prison’s palace that overlooks the stunning Riva Degli Schiavoni is the seat of the Artistic Circle, which offers its guests different cultural experiences and concerts. Yet still, you can feel the presence of the rich history when walking through the halls of the ancient prison.
Important to know:
• This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
• Please consider that the tour could be bilingual
Not suitable for:
• People with mobility impairments
• Live commentary in English and Italian
• Audio commentary in French
• Skip-the-line entrance to the Prison's Palace
• Access to the Bridge of Sighs
• Access to the Doge's Palace
See the calendar
• The Doge's Palace
• Bridge of Sighs
Riva degli Schiavoni, 4209, 30122 Venezia VE