What to expect:
See the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica, two of the most iconic sites in Venice, on a guided tour.
For centuries, the destiny of the Most Serene Republic was decided in the majestic halls of the Doge’s Palace. Walk through the magnificent halls and marvel at the well-conserved priceless treasures, art masterpieces, and frescos.
Visit the prison, passing over the celebrated Bridge of Sighs, so called because prisoners often sighed while looking at their beloved lagoon and freedom for the last time before reaching their cells.
Among the famous guests of the Doge’s Palace prisons was Giacomo Casanova, the celebrated seducer and adventurer who managed to escape from the prison in 1756.
Next, head to St. Mark’s Basilica, one of the world’s most stunning churches. As the name suggests, this cathedral is bound tightly to Venice’s patron, St. Mark, and the saint's remains are in fact here.
Admire the breathtaking golden mosaics covering the high walls, and see the Pala d’Oro, an altarpiece made from hundreds of pieces of enamel on a golden leaf.
Important to know:
• No refunds will be issued for latecomers or no-shows.
• The tour will be provided rain or shine, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
What to bring
• Passport or ID card
• Comfortable shoes
• Luggage or large bags
• Short skirts
• Sleeveless shirts
• Skip-the-line entry to the Doge's Palace
• Entrance ticket to the Museum and the Terrace of the Basilica
• Headphones (to hear the tour guide better)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
See the calendar
• The Doge's Palace
• St. Mark's Basilica
Campo S. Zaccaria, 4683g, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy