Take a knowledgeable guide on a tour of the La Sagrada Familia cathedral and enjoy a Barcelona's most famous landmark in the morning light.
During this tour you'll take in the bounty of Gaudi's genius. The Sagrada Familia is legendary for its striking architecture and art features. Antoni Gaudi, a modernist architect, was completely consumed by it. Construction began in 1882 and has not been completed.
During the tour, your guide will point out the different facades of the nativity and the passion. You will also learn about the Holy Family's representations and symbolism as a stone-built expression of Christian ideology, carved in stone.
As you learn about the history of the church, pay attention to the Christian iconography. The roof is supported by angled pillars that look like a web of tree branches.
The Museu Gaudi is located below the surface. Strolling through its rooms you'll discover some important information about Gaudi's life and work. Besides that, there is a viewing platform above the architect's burial site and a crypt where masses are held.
- Please bear in mind, that Sagrada Familia regulations postulate: minors(aged before 11) will not be provided with a headset
- The guided tour takes 1.5 hour, after that you may go up the tower on your own, which usually takes about 30 minutes
- You will be provided with an access only to one tower. An availability may vary due to the construction works
- To go up the tower, you will use an elevator, but to go down, you should use the stairs
- The tower may be closed due to the weather conditions
- Some options of this tour are a bilingual tour, conducted simultaneously in Spanish and English
- Children under 6-years-old are not allowed to entry the tower, even being accompanied
- Sleeveless shirts
- Short skirts
- Large bags or luggage
• Fast-track admission ticket
• Live commentary in english or spanish
• Access to one of the towers of the Sagrada Familia
• Private tour (if option chosen)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
the Sagrada Familia