You will travel back in time as your driver takes you over the Queensferry Crossing to Culross after you leave Edinburgh at 9:15 in the morning.
Taking on the appearance of the fictional town of Cranesmuir, this 16th-century village with a view of the sea has not changed much. While imagining what life must have been like 400 years ago, you have time to visit Claire's herb garden, the palace, or the ancient streets.
To Doune Castle*, also known as Castle Leoch in Outlander, you will travel past Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument. You can see how a Scottish earl lived in the 14th century through this impressive structure.
You can also listen to a great audio guide about how Monty Python and the Holy Grail was filmed at this castle.
Linlithgow Palace is your next destination. You can spend some time here taking in the stunning views of the Forth bridges, having a picnic by the loch, and exploring the birthplace ruins of Mary Queen of Scots. You can go to the location of the gruesome Outlander scene if you're feeling brave.
Blackness Castle can be reached in a short distance from here. Due to its resemblance to a massive stone boat, this impressive castle is also known as the "ship that never sailed." You have time to explore the fictional Jack Randall headquarters and walk the ramparts.
Your next destination should be Midhope Castle. Jamie's lovely Lallybroch home is still an essential photo opportunity for any show fan, despite the fact that visitors cannot enter the castle.
You will make one last stop in the vibrant South Queensferry harbor area before returning to Edinburgh, and you will be back there by about 5:45 p.m.
- Due to road closures, Doune Castle will be closed on July 31, 2022
- On this tour, you can only bring 14 kg (31 lbs) of luggage per person. This should consist of a single piece of luggage that is comparable to a carry-on bag used by airlines (approximately 22 inches by 17 inches by 10 inches). Additionally, there should be a small bag for personal items that will be carried on board.
- Because of the maintenance work Linlithgow Palace is closed until further notice. Linlithgow will be a photo stop during this time.
- Due to filming on these dates, Midhope Castle is either partially open or closed completely:
- Open in part (you can still take pictures from a distance): 25-26 August 2022, 05-11 September 2022, 06-07 October 2022
- Complete closure (no access to the courtyard): 25-26 August 2022, 05-11 September 2022, and 6-07 October 2022 16 — 21 August 2022, 23 — 24 August 2022, 12 — 5 October 2022
- Not Recommended for Children Under 5 Years Old
• Transportation by Mercedes mini-coach
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Food and drinks
• Entry fees to attractions
Visit some of the most memorable locations featured in the Outlander series
Rabbie's Cafe Bar