From Krakow: Auschwitz, Wieliczka Salt Mine & Pickup Options
Travel to Auschwitz-Birkenau to learn about the history and liberation of the nazi camp. Take a tour of the moving site, and pay your respects at the memorial. Your day concludes with a guided tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine.
Depart Krakow and journey to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum by air-conditioned minivan or minibus. Watch the short documentary "The Liberation of Auschwitz" on the way to learn more about the camp.
Upon arrival, take a guided tour of the site to learn about one of the darkest chapters in the history of Europe.
Spend approximately 3.5-hours at Auschwitz-Birkenau, and then drive to the Wieliczka Salt Mine for a 2.5-hour guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marvel at the chambers carved in salt and see statues and chapels carved by the former miners.
• As per the requirements, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
• Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
• Tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
• It is possible that in some cases start time might be different from presented on the voucher, in which case you will be informed via email
• The mine is suitable for wheelchairs only on a sightseeing route for visitors with mobility problems. This route is not part of the regular tour on the standard tourist route
• A 1-hour lunch break is arranged before entering the salt mine
• Although you will be able to skip the line for tickets, there will still be a wait at the security check
• The pace and duration of the tours are determined by the memorial's visitor service. Your guide have no influence on the duration of the break
What to bring:
• Passport or ID card
• Comfortable shoes
• Baby strollers
• Luggage or large bags
• Alcohol and drugs
• Admission tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mine
• 3.5-hour guided tour of the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps
• 2.5-hour guided tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine
• Headsets to hear your guide clearly
• Hotel transfer from all centrally located hotels and apartments in Krakow (if option selected)
• Documentary film on the way to Auschwitz-Birkenau
• Wi-Fi access
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Food and drinks
• Optional photo permission
• Gratuities for driver
• The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial
• The Wieliczka Salt Mine