Take an unforgettable guided scenic day trip to the Atlas Mountains to learn more about Berber culture. Take a camel or horse ride through the Imlil Valley's villages, see beautiful scenery, and get to know the locals.
Meet your helpful local guide, who lives in one of the nearby Berber villages, at pickup to begin your day. As you hike between villages on your way to the Atlas Mountains, your guide will tell you about the Berber people's rich culture and history.
Arrive in Tahnaout and pay a visit to an argan oil cooperative run by women. Find out how the famous Moroccan argan oil products are made by pressing the nut.
Get a warm greeting in Imlil with a glass of mint tea prior to going past staggering cascades and little Berber settlements. Take a break in Tamatert to admire the views of ancient terraced fields that have been irrigated and are surrounded by cherry and walnut trees.
In Ait Souka, a Berber family's home is where you can feast on a traditional Moroccan meal. From a sun-drenched rooftop terrace, unwind while taking in the picturesque views of the valley.
After some time to rest, get in your car and drive through the picturesque Kik Plateau, which offers stunning 360-degree views. As you travel through stone desert, barren light brown plateaus, oases, and rolling hills, take in the majestic High Atlas Mountains.
You can take an optional camel or horse ride in the Agafay Desert to take in the tranquil setting. Or, before returning to Marrakech, simply unwind with a cup of Moroccan mint tea for the ideal way to end the day.
- The tour requires a moderate amount of walking on uneven ground, either uphill and downhill
- The market is only open on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- This is a group tour with an English-speaking guide. It includes a horse or camel ride. The animals can possibly carry up to 120 kg, i.e. 1 person at a time
- Be sure to choose the option including a camel ride in case you want to experience this activity
- Special dietary restrictions will be satisfied as best and precise as possible
- To increase the comfort of the tour participants, the order of the schedule may be changed on the very day of your tour to ensure that not all tour groups turn up to the same location at one time
What to bring:
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Sun hat
- Comfortable shoes
Not suitable for:
- People with mobility impairments
- Pregnant women
- Children under 2 years
in a mini-group
• Pickup and drop-off service
• Bilingual guide
• Traditional lunch
• Mint tea, coffee, and water
• Camel or horse ride (if option selected)
• Mule ride (optional)
• Atlas Mountains
• Kik Plateau
• Agafay Desert