Agafay Desert & Atlas Mountains Breathtaking Jeep Safari
A full-day excursion departing from Marrakech takes you deep into Berber territory in the High Atlas Mountains, where you can enjoy desert, valley, village, and open plains landscapes.
The drive first takes you to the Agafay Desert, which is just south of Marrakech. There, you can go dune sandboarding, and then you go to the Lalla Takerkoust region, where you first stop on the hills that look out over the lake.
From here, you'll start a four-wheel-drive adventure on dirt roads that tourists rarely use. Once you reach the Kik Plateau, you'll drive from village to village, meet Berbers, see Berber homes, and try their traditional mint tea and homemade bread.
When you get to Imlil Village, which is in the center of Toubkal National Park, you can choose to continue to Armed village by 4x4 or hike for an hour there. The moderate difficulty of the one-hour hike with a local guide is moderate.
A local family will provide you with a Berber lamb tagine for lunch while you are in the village. During the meal, you'll also get homemade bread and Moroccan salads.
After lunch and a brief break for relaxation, you'll descend a gentle hill to Imlil village, where you'll meet your driver for the one-hour drive through the Haouz plains back to Marrakech.
- You must be physically fit to participate in the optional trekking tour in Toubkal National Park, which is of moderate difficulty. Walking boots are required. If you don't want to take the trekking tour, a 4x4 will take you to Armed village and Imlil.
What to bring:
- Passport or ID card
• Transfer by modern air-conditioned Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4
• Berber house visit with mint tea
• Trekking in the Toubkal National Park with local guide (optional)
• 3-course Berber lunch with the locals
• Camel ride
• Speaking English/French driver
• Professional mountain trekking guide
• Small group tour
• All entrance fees
• Local taxes
• Personal expenses
• Agafay Desert
• Atlas Mountains
• Toubkal National Park
• Armed village
Your hotel or riad in Marrakech