Prague Castle 3-Hour Walking Tour
The skyline and history of the Czech capital are dominated by Prague Castle. It is still awe-inspiring and the largest medieval castle in the world, having towered over the city since the 9th century. On this three-hour walking tour of the castle, which is also known as Pražský Hrad, you will discover dozens of secret corners and a plethora of surprises.
Generations of talented architects contributed to the remarkably harmonious collection of distinct styles, which culminated in the forgotten genius of Jože Plečnik in the 20th century. Let your knowledgeable guide bring to life the myths of Rudolf II's court, Kafka's nightmares, and the actual struggles of the Velvet Revolution.
You will also go to Malá Strana, which is full of former nobility palaces. To get the best city views, go beyond the castle gates and through picturesque Hradany. The tour will conclude in Prague Castle Gardens with a view of the Old Town after visiting places like the Strahov Monastery and Brewery, Wallenstein Palace, St. George's Basilica, and the Deer Moat.
- Your tour might slightly vary depending on what your guide will consider is best for the group
- This tour cannot be recommended for wheelchair users
- The operator may request children for a valid ID in order to join the tours
- Children up to 13 pass for free but anyway they will also need a transportation ticket
- It is obligatory to purchase a transportation ticket in advance before the tour starts
- The Prague Castle is a vast area with many structures and back courtyards; this tour encompasses most of these locations without entrance fees
- This tour does not enter any of the government offices (only state guests or workers have access). Besides it, it doesn't include any of the paid exhibits
- In accordance with the COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the following areas are currently closed until further notice: exhibitions at Prague Castle, indoor areas and St. Vitus's Cathedral
- A transportation ticket is mandatory for this tour. Please purchase the one in advance
in a mini-group
• Walking tour
• Local guide
• Prague Castle entry (tour does not enter Castle)
• Transportation ticket (30 CZK)
• Pick up and drop-off at accommodation
• Prague Castle
Jan Palach Square