This full-day trip from Rome to the archaeological ruins of Pompeii is an best way to travel back in time. As you travel through the countryside of Italy, take in breathtaking views of Mount Vesuvius, Mediterranean and numerous historic landmarks.
After you were taken up in a central Rome, board a bus with plenty of legroom and air conditioning. On the way to Naples, take in the rolling hills. Make a pit stop to take in this Mediterranean city's rich history, art, culture, and cuisine.
You can see the city, the bay of Naples, the Sorrento peninsula, and the Phlegrean fields volcanic area from the Vomero hill when you drive up it. The majestic and still-active volcano Vesuvius dominates the skyline, making it the ideal location for taking photographs of this stunning landmark.
Continue south towards Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii, passing through the port of Mergellina. Before reaching the archaeological site, make a break for a traditional lunch of Neapolitan pizza and a drink.
Entry with skip-the-line tickets, then head to Pompeii, which is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Explore this once-thriving city that was frozen in time by layers of volcanic ash for the afternoon.
Your guide will take you on a tour of the ancient streets and tell you about the area's history. Take your time getting back to your meeting point in Rome after your Pompeii tour.
- Be sure you wear comfortable shoes
- Please bear in mind that no tour escort and no tour guide is included for the audio guide option
- Headsets are included, so you'd hear the guide clearly
- The tour of the ruins will be headed by a licensed guide provided by Pompeii's management
• Round-trip transportation from Rome
• Lunch (pizza and a drink)
• Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Pompeii
• Guide (unless audio guide option selected)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Personal expenses
Viale Luigi Enaudi