Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and experience one of the darkest chapters in European history on a full-day guided tour from Krakow. Learn about the inhumane conditions people had to live in as you tour the site with a guide.
Arrive at Auschwitz, the site of extermination during Nazi occupation. With a licensed guide, contemplate the barbed wire fences, watchtowers, barracks, gallows, and gas chambers. Spend 2 hours here with a short 20-minute break.
Continue to Birkenau, a 5-minute drive from Auschwitz. Explore the site, comprised of 300 buildings, including watchtowers, latrines, and gas chambers. Gain an understanding of the people who passed through the camp and the memory of those who perished.
Spend approximately 1.5 hours at Birkenau before the 1 hour and 20 minutes drive back to Krakow.
• As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
• Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
• Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
• The Old Town is a restricted traffic zone so if your accommodation is in this area, the activity provider will contact you to confirm the nearest possible pick-up point
• People with disabilities may find it hard to move around. Wheelchairs are available at the Visitor Service Center if reserved in advance
What to bring:
• Passport or ID card
• Comfortable shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Luggage or large bags
• Sleeveless shirts
Not suitable for:
• People with mobility impairments
• Hotel pickup and drop-off (depending on the option selected)
• Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
• Tour leader assistance
• Guide in Auschwitz and Birkenau
• Entry ticket
• Optional lunch (with 2 ham, cheese or hummus wraps, an apple, banana, a chocolate bar, bottle of water)
• The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial