Visitors will quickly understand why the Musée d'Orsay is frequently named Parisians' favorite museum.
The Beaux-Arts structure, which was built over a century ago to serve as a train station for international visitors to the World's Fair, now houses some of the best art from that era, making it a must-see while you're in the City of Lights.
Take pleasure in listening to your knowledgeable guide, who will eagerly introduce you to your artistic passion.
Believe it or not, when the impressionists painted peaceful scenes of rural and urban life, they were viewed as completely shocking. The artistic establishment was shaken to its core by the vivid colors and expressive brushstrokes.
Your aide will rejuvenate the violent characters of the painters, portraying how every craftsman thought for even a second to branch out and to seek after progress without settling for less.
You'll learn how these images and messages forever changed the art world by traveling back in time.
Along the way, take in all of the major highlights as well as numerous other stunning masterpieces. You can stay as long as you like in the galleries to see a special exhibit or learn more about the collection.
- Please bear in mind, the increased security measures might affect lines
in a mini-group
• 1 hour 45 minutes guided tour of the Musée d’Orsay
• Fully accredited local guide
• Skip-the-line access and all entrance fees
• Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
• Stay as long as you like in the museum after your tour
• Hotel pick-up/drop-off
• Gratuities (optional)