Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums' Tour
Take a guided tour of the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums to see one of the world's greatest art collections.
The Rotunda, the Gallery of Tapestries, and the Gallery of Maps—the museums' most fascinating galleries—will be visited by your local guide. The walls of each of these rooms are adorned with ancient statues, frescoes, and tapestries, and the ceilings are ornate.
Obviously, the most valuable piece in the Vatican collection is not a painting on any wall; rather, Michelangelo Buonarotti, the greatest Renaissance artist, frescoed an entire ceiling and wall.
Find out everything there is to know about Michelangelo's dedication to painting the Sistine Chapel, including how he worked seven days a week and even slept in the chapel. As your guide reveals the private jokes hidden within his work, discover how he expressed his frustration with his employers.
- During peak season, all visitors must go through airport-style security, which can take up to 30 minutes.
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
• Sistine Chapel entry ticket
• Vatican Museums entry ticket
• Access to Saint Peter's Square
• Access to Courtyard of the Pigna
• Live tour guide
• Access to Vatican Museums Cabinet of the Masks
Via Germanico 8, 00192 Rome.