Rome: Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica & Sistine Chapel Tour
Join the more than five million people who visit the Catholic world center every year. Prior to the general public, gain exclusive access to the most important parts of Vatican City, which has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Vatican is a one-stop shop for tourists because of its stunning beauty, ancient history, artistic and religious significance, and one-stop shopping opportunities.
Nothing else comes close to the utter majesty of the Holy See—not even the Pontifical Swiss Guards, which have served as the Pope's guardians since 1506—or religious art, architecture, or paintings.
At 7:30 in the morning, when there aren't many people around, start exploring the Vatican's beauty. Explore the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, and the Vatican Museums in a small group. Take your time through the museums and enjoy Italy for the remainder of the day.
Discover the world's largest collection of art, including the finest Renaissance sculptures, by following your knowledgeable guide into the museums.
Continue on through the Candelabra Gallery, which is divided into six beautiful rooms and features works of art from all over the country, bringing Roman Empire artifacts into the present day.
The impressive Gallery of the Tapestries, which houses an extensive collection of Raffaello Sanzio's tapestries depicting various Catholic myths and stories, is the next destination.
From there, with your guide, explore the Gallery of Maps, which is ideal for science-loving tourists. Take a look at the world as it was imagined centuries ago on the global maps that Roman topographers created.
- The tour will only include an external guided tour of the basilica on religious holidays or Wednesday mornings during high season when the Pope has an audience in St. Peter's Square
- This tour will eventuate rain or shine
- All visitors must go through airport-style security
What to bring:
- Passport or ID card
- Sleeveless shirts
the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
• Entry and reservation fees for the Vatican Museums
• Exclusive guided tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
• Exclusive tour of St. Peter's Basilica
• Headsets to hear the tour guide clearly
• Detailed map of the Sistine Chapel
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Food and drinks
Piazza della Città Leonina