Start your walking tour with a certified guide at the Auschwitz I Museum, where you'll be picked up from your hotel. Take a look at the barracks, watchtowers, and crematoria that are still standing in the Nazi camp. With the assistance of the given headset, tune in as your guide tells about the shocking Nazi wrongdoings carried out in the camps and hear accounts of the day-to-day experience of the detainees.
The Auschwitz-Birkenau II Memorial is the next stop on the tour. Witness the ruins of gas chambers and the railroad that brought prisoners to the camps.
Drive to the nearby town of Wieliczka to see the well-known salt mine after a lunch break that includes traditional Polish fare. A local guide and pre-arranged tickets will be waiting for you by the salt mine.
Walk down long sets of steps to begin your tour of the salt mine, which will take you 135 meters below the surface and through intricate passageways, shafts, and tunnels.
Explore four chapels, unique rock salt statues, and underground lakes. During your time in Krakow, visit a unique must-see location.
Take a lift from the underground back up to the main ground floor to meet your driver after the guided tour is over. As you make your way back to your Krakow hotel, you may completely relax.
What to bring:
- ID card or passport
- Comfortable shoes
- Student card
- Comfortable shoes
- Large bags and luggage
- Shirts without sleeves
Know before you go:
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- The departure time may change and be at anytime between 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM
- The local partner will contact you by email or phone on the day before your tour to confirm your pickup time and details
- The Old Town is a restricted traffic zone so if your accommodation is in this area, the local partner will contact you to confirm the nearest possible pickup point
• Pickup from accommodation in Krakow
• Drop-off in Krakow city center
• Entrance fees and tickets
• English-speaking guide at the museum and mine
• English-speaking tour leader
• Packed lunch of 2 sandwiches, croissant, a pack of biscuits, water, and 1-2 pieces of fruit (if option selected)
• Headset to hear the live guide better (only in first camp)
• Photo permission fee in the mine, for 10 zł
• The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial