This full-day excursion to the islands of Burano, Murano, and Torcello takes you on a sail across the turquoise waters of the lagoon in Venice.
In the morning, glide through the Lagoon of Venice on a comfortable boat. Take in the sights from the boat's panoramic terrace while your guide provides commentary.
Visit a local glass factory when you arrive at your first destination, Murano, to learn why the island is famous for its glassworks. Observe a demonstration of glass processing from a skilled craftsperson. After that, you'll have about an hour on the island to browse the numerous glass shops.
Next, make your way to Burano, which is famous for its lacework and colorful houses. Follow your tour guide into the town's center, where you'll have two hours to buy a nice lunch, typical Venetian aperitifs, or an ice cream at one of the many local cafes.
Travel from Burano to Torcello, the first town on the estuary where people lived. Invest an hour of free energy where you can go to see the Venetian-Byzantine perfect mosaics at the Basilica di Santa Maria Assunta.
Not suitable for:
- Wheelchair users
Know before you go:
- In case of inclement weather the excursion will still eventuate
• Boat transportation
• Shuttle transfer from the train station (depending on option selected)
• Assistance at the meeting point
• Guided tour on a boat
• Multilingual assistance and explanations
• Glass factory visit in Murano
• Demonstration of glass processing
• Free time in Burano, Torcello and Murano
• Food and drinks
• Guided tours of the islands (only on a boat)
• The islands of Burano, Murano and Torcello