Have a touching tour at the Memorial and the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum. Afterward, walk to the Wieliczka Salt Mine and listen to the stories of a high-class guide. You will be amazed when you see a lot of chambers carved from salt. Use a hotel pickup service from Krakow.
You will be picked up from your hotel by an excursion transfer and transported to the entrance of the Auschwitz I Museum,where your journey begins. Meet your certified guide and explore the remains of the Nazi camp’s barracks, watchtowers, and crematoriums.
With the help of the provided headset, listen to cruel stories about the ghastly Nazi crimes committed in the camps and learn about the difficult daily lives of prisoners.
On the Auschwitz-Birkenau II Memorial Excursion, walk around the terrible gas chambers that claimed thousands of lives and the remains of the railway that transported captives to the camps.
Continue your educational journey in the nearby town of Wieliczka and visit the famous salt mine. Near the entrance, meet a local guide who will give you pre-prepared tickets.
At 135 meters underground, begin your adventure through labyrinthine passageways, tunnels, and shafts. Walk down long sets of steps to see the famous salt mine.
Explore an original place and enjoy underground lakes, 4 chapels, and unique statues carved by miners out of rock salt.
At the end of the guided tour, take a lift back from the underground and meet your driver. Have some rest along the way back to Krakow.
What to bring:
• Passport or ID card
• Comfortable shoes
• Warm clothing
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Luggage or large bags
• Alcoholic drinks in the vehicle
• Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go:
• Be prepared to go through a security check in order to enter Auschwitz-Birkenau
• There are 800 steps on the way down the mine and the return to the surface will be by lift
• Temperatures in Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 59ºF (15ºC)
• for Children under 14 years
• People with mobility impairments
• Pickup from your accommodation or a meeting point
• Entrance fees for Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Salt Mine
• Guide for Auschwitz-Birkenau and Salt Mine available in English, Spanish, and Italian
• Licensed transportation service
• Drop-off near Krakow Old Town or your accommodation
• Food and drinks
• Private guides
The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial