- Balatonfüred: This town used to be the prime resort town on the shores of Lake Balaton for the nobility and high society of Budapest. It has a yacht-filled marina and a sweeping wide promenade. Summer keeps the town busy with festivals, sailing regattas, and other water activities.
- Siófok: This town is at the top of many Lake Balaton day trip lists simply because it's so easy to get to! It only takes a little under 90 minutes on a direct train from Budapest. Siófok is a popular destination for young people, with many bars, restaurants, and nightclubs.
- Tihany: This village is located on the Tihany Peninsula, which is a protected natural area. It has a beautiful abbey, a lavender field, and a panoramic view of the lake.
- Keszthely: This town is located on the western end of the lake and is home to the Festetics Palace, which is a beautiful baroque palace that now houses a museum.
- Badacsony: This village is located on the northern shore of the lake and is known for its vineyards and wine cellars. It has a beautiful view of the lake and the surrounding hills.
Day Trips from Budapest to Lake Balaton
Lake Balaton & Cruise
Discover Lake Balaton in Hungary on this 9-hour tour from Budapest. Visit the abbey on the Tihany Peninsula and walk along the promenade in Balatonfüred then take a pleasant boat ride.
From Budapest: Lake Balaton Tour
Visit Lake Balaton, known as the Hungarian Sea, and spend a beautiful day on the northern shore at the marinas, sail on a cruise on a romantic ship in Balatonfüred and walk in a natural reserve with magnificent lake view.
Lake Balaton Full-Day Tour from Budapest
Experience the majestic beauty of Europe’s largest freshwater lake on a 10-hour tour to Lake Balaton from Budapest. Stop in small towns such as Balatonfüred, where you will take a short trip by nostalgic train. Marvel at the Tihany Peninsula, and more.
You will also be interested
Candlelit Dinner River Walk with Live Music
Get a feel of the illuminated beauty of Budapest and admire a lovely candle-lit dinner accompanied by the sweet live music.
Budget Downtown Budapest Sightseeing Cruise
Experience Budapest with our service, offering a one-of-a-kind experience complete with panoramic views, a comfortable ship and delicious buffet lunch
Private 4-Hour Walking Tour with a Local
This private walk through Budapest is a chance to get off the beaten path and see hidden gems, or to see the most important sights, if you prefer. Go antique hunting, or discover the city's architecture or cuisine on this personally tailored excursion.
Evening Cruise with Optional Drinks and Live Music
Join a night cruise and discover the lovely Hungarian capital with your favorite drinks. Starting from the center, admire the UNESCO-listed banks of the Danube aboard the elegant Gróf Széchényi ship.
Nighttime or Daytime Sightseeing Cruise: Discover Budapest in a New Light
Discover the dazzling beauty of Budapest at night with our enchanting sightseeing cruise along the River Danube, featuring panoramic views of the city
Unlimited Champagne on the Evening Sightseeing Cruise
A boat ride along the nighttime Danube...the unrivaled view of Budapest. Enjoy sipping on an unlimited supply of premium prosecco during your journey.
Daytime Sightseeing Boat Cruise
Enjoy a panoramic sightseeing tour of Budapest on a Danube River cruise, taking in the landmarks and monuments on both shores. Hear about the attractions you pass from a multilingual audio guide and sip your favorite beverage along the way.
1-Hour Sightseeing Cruise with Welcome Refreshment included
Welcome aboard to enjoy our 1-hour sightseeing cruise through Danube amidst the most splendid places of Budapest.
Széchenyi Spa Full-Day Tour + bonus
Relax at Széchenyi, the most famous spa in Budapest, and enjoy an optional free interactive pálinka spirits-tasting tour where you will discover more of the history and culture of Hungary.
Daytime Cocktail Cruise Downtown Budapest Winter Edition
The cruise takes place during sunset, providing our guests with the most fabulous views of the illuminated Budapest. While enjoying the gorgeous panorama, guests can indulge in 3, freshly prepared cocktails on board. (3 cocktails included in the price)
Budapest: Boat Party on the River Danube
Combine partying with sightseeing on this 2-hour cruise along the Danube with various drink packages.
Full-Day Gellért Spa Ticket
Enjoy pure relaxation at one of Budapest’s finest thermal spas. Bathe in natural waters famous for their soothing and healing powers on the beautiful Buda side of the city.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please list e-mail or phone number linked to your account to receive restore password link.