Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine Full-Day Trip
Head on a heartbreaking tour of the military historical complex of Auschwitz-Birkenau with a qualified guide. After that, take a guided tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine to see the outstanding salt-carved chambers.
Take advantage of roundtrip transportation services on this special combo tour from Krakow.
Once there, join a professional instructor for a walking tour of the Auschwitz I Museum. Investigate the ruins of the crematorium, watchtower, and barracks from the Nazi camp.
Utilizing the accompanying headset, listen as your guide describes the horrifying Nazi atrocities performed in the camps and learn about the day-to-day experiences of the captives.
Go on to the Auschwitz-Birkenau II Memorial to finish the trip. View the ruins of the railway that carried prisoners to the camps as well as the gas chambers.
After a stop for lunch, go to Wieliczka to see its renowned salt mine. You will find prearranged tickets and a local guide near the salt mine entrance.
You begin your tour of the salt mine by descending a flight of steep stairs that will take you 135 meters deep and through a maze of tunnels, shafts, and passages.
Discover four chapels, subterranean lakes, and unusual monuments made of rock salt by miners. Explore a special location that is a must-see while visiting Krakow.
Take a lift from the subterranean back up to the main ground level to meet your driver when the guided tour is over. As you go back to Krakow, take a seat and unwind.
What to bring:
• Passport or ID card
• Comfortable shoes
• Warm clothing
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Luggage or large bags
• Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go:
• Be prepared to go through a security check in order to enter Auschwitz-Birkenau
• There are 800 steps on the way down the mine and the return to the surface will be by lift
• Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
• Licensed guide
• Entrance ticket to Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II (Birkenau)
• Entrance ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial