Funded by the Nazi party in 1940, Auschwitz-Birkenau became both a symbol of human suffering and a witness to physical and emotional exhaustion. Learn about the history of the largest concentration camp from WWII with a professional licensed guide provided by the Auschwitz — Birkenau Museum.
Your host will meet you at the entrance to the museum, where you will enter with your pre-booked ticket after passing through the security check.
The first part of the museum visit takes approximately 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hours 50 minutes. Between the first and second part there will be a 10-15 minute break, when you can eat your lunch.
After the break, you will board a bus for the second part, a visit of Auschwitz II Birkenau, where you will spend around an hour with the same guide.
• The tour can take place between 7:30 AM and 3:00 PM. You can choose your preferred start time, but the exact starting time will be sent to you the day before the tour
• As per the requirements of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, please provide your full name and contact details as part of the booking
• It is not permitted to enter the museum with large bags or backpacks (the maximum size permitted is 20 x 30 cm)
• It is recommended to bring lunch and drinks with you
• The pace and duration of the tours are determined by the memorial's visitor service, your guide have no influence on the duration of the break times
• After completing the visit to Auschwitz I, there is a 15-minute break. During this time, you should go to the car parking area in Brzezinka by your own transport (2 km). If you came to the museum by public transport, inform your tour leader about it before starting the tour, which will help you to reach Birkenau
What to bring:
• Passport or ID card
• Luggage or large bags
• Short skirts
• Sleeveless shirts
• Alcohol and drugs
• Entrance ticket to Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum
• Licensed guide provided by the museum
• All booking fees
• Transportation to/from your accommodation
• Transportation between Auschwitz and Birkenau camps
• Parking fees
• Food and drinks
• The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial
Więźniów Oświęcimia 61, 32-600 Oświęcim